Natural Healthcare for Every Stage of a Woman’s Life
Through a combination of modalities–acupuncture, herbs, dietary therapy, massage, heat therapy–we are able to access your innate healing ability, clear toxins, relieve tension, and nourish the body. This approach is ideal for eating disorders, addictions, chronic pain, digestive problems, depression, fertility, and gynecological problems.
Acupuncture can “reset” the nervous system and activate the body’s innate healing capacity. Our bodies are incredible organisms that can rebuild bone, muscle, tissues and nerves, and regulate hormones and brain chemistry all at the same time. Acupuncture promotes whole-system wellness.
When chronic conditions have persisted for years, the healing process is a bit like peeling an onion. Symptoms resolve one layer at a time as your body starts to heal. Our bodies are not designed to heal selectively, so typically when one disease begins to subside, other seemingly unrelated symptoms resolve as well. This is one reason acupuncture patients are so loyal to the medicine: you come in for digestive problems, but as your digestion has improved you find your sleep is better and your mood elevated.
- Increases circulation by enhancing the flow of fresh blood, oxygen and nutrients to an area of injury.
- Releases muscle tension and pain by accessing trigger points in muscles.
- Produces endorphins that reduce pain and relieve stress.
- Reduces stress by reducing stress hormones like cortisol.
- Stimulates the parasympathetic system which is our “rest and digest” system.
- Regulates the immune system, fortifying you against colds and flus, allergies, autoimmune conditions and inflammation.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has compiled a list of of symptoms, syndromes, disease processes, pathologies, traumas and conditions that have definitely been proven as effectively treated by acupuncture through controlled clinical studies. The WHO has also compiled a list of diseases, symptoms and conditions for which acupuncture has shown definite therapeutic effects, but more proof is needed to establish acupuncture as a mainstream form of treatment.
World Health Organization list of conditions proven treatable by acupuncture:
- Pain syndromes: low back, neck, sciatica, tennis elbow, knee, shoulder, sprains, facial, headache, dental, TMJ dysfunction, rheumatoid arthritis, postoperative pain
- Obstetrics/Gynecology: dysmenorrhea, morning sickness, induction of labor, breech position
- Gastrointestinal: nausea/vomiting, gastritis, acute bacillary dysentery, acute epigastralgia, peptic ulcer
- Internal Medicine: stroke, essential hypertension, primary hypotension, renal colic, biliary colic, allergic rhinitis and hay fever
- Oncology: leukopenia, adverse reactions to radiation or chemotherapy
- In addition, WHO’s research shows positive benefits for studies on alcohol dependence, infertility, insomnia, obesity, drug dependence, PMS and ulcerative colitis, among others.
Herbal formulas are like recipes. We incorporate herbs that have varying tastes, temperatures, and properties to balance the formula. For example, in treating the common cold, it is essential to treat the symptoms of sore throat and runny nose while supporting the body’s immune system. A well-balanced herbal formula can serve many purposes as the herbs work together synergistically.
- Improve digestion and metabolism with carminative food-based herbs
- Facilitate circulation of blood, lymph and oxygen
- Strengthen the immune system and remove toxins from the body
- Regulate body temperature by adding warming and cooling elements as appropriate
- Support the endocrine and adrenal systems with adaptogenic herbs
- Calm the nervous system to support sleep and relaxation