• 2 cups diced (1/2-inch) butternut squash
• 2 t olive or coconut oil
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 2 t minced fresh ginger
• ½ large jalapeno pepper, seeds & membranes removed, minced
• 2 large cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup coconut milk, stirred
• 1 can (14 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or soaked overnight and cooked)
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and add shallots and ginger. Saute for about 3 minutes.
Next add 3/4 of the peas and stir for 1 minute. Add enough water to cover the peas, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Let the soup cool enough to place in a blender or use an immersion blender in the pot, add the mint, and blend. Add some lemon juice if desired.