Welcome! I look forward to working with you to get the best results possible!
What to Expect from an Office Visit
The initial visit generally lasts about 1 ½ hours. Rachel will sit with you to discuss your health history, current complaints and what is going on in your life that is supporting or blocking you. Once you get on the table, Rachel will conduct a physical exam that includes checking pulses, looking at the tongue, palpating the abdomen and finding where you hold tension.
Treatment includes some combination of massage, bodywork, acupuncture, heat therapy and cupping to treat what is bothering you, give you deep relaxation and support your underlying health.
Some guidelines to get the most out of your treatment:
- Please print out or electronically submit the New Patient Packet. It will take some time, but it really gives Rachel a thorough picture of past and present health history.
- Come on time to your appointment to maximize your treatment time!
- Try to arrive not too hungry and not overful.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Your work with Rachel includes home support, including herb and supplement recommendations, dietary therapies, recipes, yoga poses and lifestyle suggestions. Please maintain an open dialogue with Rachel about how able you are to fit these modifications into your life. Together we will find solutions that work for you!
- Rachel offers text, email and phone support to all her current clients. Feel free to be in touch anytime with questions or during times when you need a little extra support. The hands-on work Rachel does with you is an important part of the solution, but your self-care practices--developed in partnership with Rachel--can enhance the success of treatment and serve you for years to come.
Please give 24 hours notice or more when cancelling appointments. Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged the full fee unless we are able to fill the appointment time. Thank you for your understanding.